Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

OK to kill these processes before starting FS9?

Before starting FS9, I want to close down as many processes that I shall not be using for the duration. I am reasonably aware (I think) which processes are vital and which are not, and I have double-checked online that my list is all non-essential stuff. Even so, if anyone can spot any unforeseen problems with closing down any of the following (using pskill), I'd be very glad to hear. Needless to say, I do not need Bluetooth, wireless networks, virus scans, Norton Ghost update schedulers etc. etc. etc. running and taking up CPU time and memory whilst MSFS is running: they will all restart on reboot of course.The processes I have targeted to 'blitz' are as below. (BTW, I do know of FSStart, but a simple batch file has a lower profile: I have my system processes as I want them already).Thanks for any comments,Martin S.-------- AluSchedulerSvc.exe avgamsvr.exe avgemc.exe avgupsvc.exe BTSTAC~1.exe BTTray.exe DellWMgr.exe dot1xcfg.exe EvtEng.exe iFrmewrk.exe jusched.exe OEM02Mon.exe PCMService.exe S24EvMon.exe stsystra.exe SynTPEnh.exe VProSvc.exe WLKEEPER.exe ZCfgSvc.exe

Hi,Here's an extensive list of services you can and can not disable in various circumstancesservices for WinXPhttp://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htmor Vistahttp://www.blackviper.com/WinVista/servicecfg.htm

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

".. I have my system processes as I want them already."Slip of the keyboard! System Services, I meant! :-)

Thanks - I have already been on that site and set the services as I want them, and things run fine. It's just those few processes that I wanted to double-check,M. :-)

Guest Nealoc187

you can shut down those three AVG processes - they are just your AVG antivirus - I shut them down when I use flight sim.

I am flying long-haul at the moment, having closed down the list above - can see no disadvantages as yet