Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

PANC and The Aurora Borealis

Flying freight out of PANC 15:00Z tonight I was treated to one heck of a terrific light show on take off and climb! Caught me totally off guard. :-jumpy Very, VERY nice touch, FS9!

Smooth Skies! -- Chuck B.

MACHINE 1:FS2004/WinXP Pro 64, Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 Clocked to 4.35 GHz, Corsair H50, Asus Maximus Formula, 4GB PNY XLR8 DDR2 @1067, ATI 4870 and 4650, WD Raptor 10K RPM 160 GB HD, Seagate 500 mgb 32mgb cache, 2 Analog 2HTGs w/ 3 19" I-INC flat panel monitors 1280x1024x32, and 1 17" at 1280 x 1024, PC Silencer 750 Quad, FSPassengers, FSUPIC, (Payware), WideFS

MACHINE 2: Dell Dimension, P4, WideClient, FDC Live Cockpit, Pro Flight Emulator, Active Sky v6.5

MACHINE 3: ASUS u81A Laptop, Windows 7 (what a joke!), WideClient, FlightSim Commander

>Flying freight out of PANC 15:00Z tonight I was treated to>one heck of a terrific light show on take off and climb! >Caught me totally off guard. :-jumpy >>Very, VERY nice touch, FS9! >Surprised you haven't seen it before Chuck.But your post reminds me of something,i am sure there is a rumour about shooting stars also to be seen in FS9 ans i am also sure there is a shooting star file in the effects folder,but i have yet to see any in flight.Has anyone out there ever seen the mythical shooting stars?cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

>>Surprised you haven't seen it before Chuck.Hey, Andy! I'd read about it here before, but never actually remembered to take the time to check it out for myself. And because I wasn't expecting it at all this time, it turned into one of those really cool Flight Sim moments. When I showed it to my wife, even she thought it was great -- and there's not much I can show her that will impress her anymore. :-)

Smooth Skies! -- Chuck B.

MACHINE 1:FS2004/WinXP Pro 64, Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 Clocked to 4.35 GHz, Corsair H50, Asus Maximus Formula, 4GB PNY XLR8 DDR2 @1067, ATI 4870 and 4650, WD Raptor 10K RPM 160 GB HD, Seagate 500 mgb 32mgb cache, 2 Analog 2HTGs w/ 3 19" I-INC flat panel monitors 1280x1024x32, and 1 17" at 1280 x 1024, PC Silencer 750 Quad, FSPassengers, FSUPIC, (Payware), WideFS

MACHINE 2: Dell Dimension, P4, WideClient, FDC Live Cockpit, Pro Flight Emulator, Active Sky v6.5

MACHINE 3: ASUS u81A Laptop, Windows 7 (what a joke!), WideClient, FlightSim Commander

Guest Jayviator

I remeber my first Aurora show on flight sim, when i was flying my HS 748 from the Orkney islands to the Shetlands, a nice green aurora, very similar to the real aurora i have seen occasionaly (which is lucky to see from southern UK!) i wonder if it appears in different colours or if its just green, it was very nice to see though! havnt seen any meteors yet on FS!