Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

PANC and The Aurora Borealis

Flying freight out of PANC 15:00Z tonight I was treated to one heck of a terrific light show on take off and climb! Caught me totally off guard. :-jumpy Very, VERY nice touch, FS9!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Flying freight out of PANC 15:00Z tonight I was treated to>one heck of a terrific light show on take off and climb! >Caught me totally off guard. :-jumpy >>Very, VERY nice touch, FS9! >Surprised you haven't seen it before Chuck.But your post reminds me of something,i am sure there is a rumour about shooting stars also to be seen in FS9 ans i am also sure there is a shooting star file in the effects folder,but i have yet to see any in flight.Has anyone out there ever seen the mythical shooting stars?cheers Andy

>>Surprised you haven't seen it before Chuck.Hey, Andy! I'd read about it here before, but never actually remembered to take the time to check it out for myself. And because I wasn't expecting it at all this time, it turned into one of those really cool Flight Sim moments. When I showed it to my wife, even she thought it was great -- and there's not much I can show her that will impress her anymore. :-)

I remeber my first Aurora show on flight sim, when i was flying my HS 748 from the Orkney islands to the Shetlands, a nice green aurora, very similar to the real aurora i have seen occasionaly (which is lucky to see from southern UK!) i wonder if it appears in different colours or if its just green, it was very nice to see though! havnt seen any meteors yet on FS!