Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

Smoothing image edges...

Somewhere there's a setting to smooth out the edges but can't seem to find it. My video is very clear and defined, almost too much so. Any idea how I can smooth it out a bit?Thanks

If you are seeing jagged edges on textures especially aircraft textures you can adjust the AA (anti aliasing) settings. You should have AA turned off in FS9 and enabled in your graphics card settings.

Peter Schluter

>If you are seeing jagged edges on textures especially>aircraft textures you can adjust the AA (anti aliasing)>settings. You should have AA turned off in FS9 and enabled>in your graphics card settings.Do you know how to enable AA in the GeForce 7900GS? I've always enabled it on FS9 -- do I get better FPS is I enable it on the driver and turn it off on FS9?ThanksKerke

>I set it up like that and makes all the difference! No more>jagged edges! Really purrrty!Yeah but if enabling AA on the video driver (instead of on FS9) yields better FPS, I'd prefer to learn how to do that.

Well, I consistently get between 35-45fps anyway but on the Nvidia card I just go into the Nvidia Control Panel, then into 3D settings, and just set your quality. Higher "quality" settings yields less and less jagged edges, but may sacrafice performance. If you have a fast machine, that won't matter.

Right click on the Windows desktop, and choose NVidia (or ATI) Settings. If it's not there, choose Properties/Settings Tab/Advanced. Then it depends on your video driver software where to go next. It's in there...Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___