Sign in to follow this  
dolph98

Biz jets with glass cockpits

Hi all, Can anyone recommend a business jet with a decent modern glass cockpit, payware or freeware? I'm ready to pay to play!I have a bunch of jets but none satisfy my desire for a real nice glass cockpit. I have just downloaded and LOVE the free Poman's Piper Meridian III that has the most awesome G1000 cockpit I've seen (pic below). Too bad it's for FSX which runs like crap on my Q6600 system. Mindstar has a G1000 package for $50 but alas it's for XP only, the Vista version isn't out and there's no new news about it either.So? Whadya think?dolph

I'm in constant search (wait) for excellent bizjets. I would vote for Feelthere Legacy. It's not PMDG quality but it's probably the best all glass cockpit bizjet you can find today, especially for avionics and systems. I also have their CitationX but I thought it was kind of buggy. When they stopped releasing patches for it I removed it from my FS.Eaglesoft CitationII is also very good. But it's an older jet so it may not fit in what you are looking for.Things to wait for: Eaglesoft Citation CJ1 WITH the coming FMS expansion; Eaglesoft CitationX VERSION 2. Anything else anounced is too far down the road to be worth mentioning.That's as far as I know.Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Thanks for the replies.I already have all of these. Well, I got freeware and made my own 2D panels for them to fit my wide monitor. I have 23 biz jets - some good, some bad.Anyway, did you check the screenshot? That's what I'm talkin' 'bout. I want that for FS9. FSX is too chuggy and I have too many addons to give up FS9. I do have the Grob panel's PFD that is better than the default PFD but I just want more more more...

OK. I bought the Avidyne setup. Nice. Too bad it isn't tweaked for a jet but hey, I installed it in my custom Lear panel and flew from Nassau to Key West and it is a very nice panel addon.I ignored the six cylinder gauges and although the lack of engine gauges was a little strange, this was what I was looking for. A little tweak here and there and I'm in the money.

Guest nihongo

I thought the Eaglesoft Citation X was pretty good?Does it feel realistic?It has a VC right?