Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thepilot

PSS 777 autopilot disconnect

Hi folks,I've got a small issue with the PSS 777.Whenever I disconnect the AP with the disconnect bar, the master caution switch is illuminated with an aural warning, the EICAS displays says "AP disconnect" (or similar) in red...Is this correct? I also tried to disconnect the AP by pressing 'Z' but this didn't work either.Regards,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

In case the pilots went to sleep....... :-)When a Captain decided to let his child sit in the Cap'n's seat of a A300 (or A310?), he disconnected the LNAV portion of the autopilot and the aircraft overbanked. No alarm or warning was given.The disconnect of the autupilot on the 777 ensures the pilots are aware that that has happened. But I am not aware of the details or technicalities of the system.....

>In case the pilots went to sleep....... :-)>>When a Captain decided to let his child sit in the Cap'n's>seat of a A300 (or A310?), he disconnected the LNAV portion of>the autopilot and the aircraft overbanked. No alarm or warning>was given.>>The disconnect of the autupilot on the 777 ensures the pilots>are aware that that has happened. But I am not aware of the>details or technicalities of the system.....I've heard of that story.But in this case, I never experienced getting an aural warning with master caution illuminated, neither with LVD 767 nor PMDG 737 etc...so I learnt something new :)Thx for the replies!Regards,

IIRC using the "Z" key on either the PMDG or LDS results in AP Disco and a warning cancel simultaneously. Clicking on the disco bar although results in the warning. Mileage may vary. RomanProud "TEAM AVSIM" RTW race member.XP Pro, FS9, FR Locked @ 23, AMD 1800+ OCd to 1900+, APIC MProc Mod (24 IRQs), Latency Mods, ECS K7S5a V1.1, 7 fans, 1 gig, 100 & 60 Gig 7200rpm HD, ASUS/NVidia GeForce 64mb AGP on 21", NVidia FX5500 vivo 256mb (CRAP) on 18", Nvidia 93.71s ( The highest can go for the GeForce3 & 5500 combined ), Savage4 32mb on 15", BV services mods.