Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest nihongo

Project AI global Install?

Is there a way to install Project AI (or any great AI stuff) which will do it all at once for me, rather than installing individually each one?Is there an easy way to back up the PAI files? In case I do a full system restore, which I may be forced to do so soon.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Install all at once - sure - easy part of the standard process with both PAI and WoA installers.It's the package downloads which must be done one at a time - be sure to archive the .ZIP files to a disk / CD.In the window where you select the package to install - click on the first one and scroll the window to show the last one - press SHIFT and click on the last one - all should be hilighted.Now one important thing with the PAI installer - be sure to select a Custom Install and set it to use individual file names for each package. You really, really want each airline in a single traffic file because you will do updates some day.(The WoA Installer only does individual airline traffic files)Once the install starts - go get lunch - will take a while to complete on a good fast computer.

Reggie's advice is excellent.When I back up up AI files of that type, I just copy them to another folder outside of FS2004.Deciding which folders to copy is usually fairly easy as most of them use names such as PAI A319 or WoA_AIA_B762_PW etc. - i.e. the first part of the folder name is what you want to look for.Highlight the entire group and select Copy and then Paste them into your new folder.Hope this helps.

PS -Don't forget to backup any associated Traffic files also.