Sign in to follow this  
simman

Piper

I downloaded and am using Bill Lyons piper pacer. It is a great little plane but I have one problem with it. It wants to climb all the time and I have to hold constant pressure on the yoke to keep it flying level. I have a trim knob on my ch yoke and even with it all the way to the end I still have to hold pressure. I wondered if anyone else had this problem and how it can be fixed. I know it is not JUST mine because my friend has the same plane with the same problem.Don

I would not recommend using that 'trim' knob (if you are talking about the 'wheel' on the face of the unit). It should only be used to adjust the unit to 'neutral' and then left alone.I map the left top toggle for trim up/down.I used to fly the Pacer (does not work in FSX), and it is a great aircraft, but I did not have the issue you are having. I used to able to trim it just fine.

Hi Don,I had the exact same problem with that aircraft. In order to fly with it I change the first two station weights to 300 lbs each in the fuel and payload menu, and when I reach my cruise altitude I pull the RPM back to 2200-2300. I still have to use a lot of trim, but it will level out. Hope this helps some.-Jeremy

I thought there was a way to change the center of gravity but now I can't seem to do it.Don