Sign in to follow this  
TheDanger

FS Flight Instructor

I've been working on this project for a while and now have setup a basic websitewww.fsflightinstructor.comIts a flight monitoring program aimed initially at the Level-D 767 but will eventually be customisable for any aircraft

Guest Nealoc187

Sounds pretty neat, I hope you end up getting it working for many of the major add-on aircraft. I can't imagine how much of an undertaking something like this must be.

Hi There,Looks quite interesting. I am looking forward to try it as soon as you can release it.Any thought about including some graphical representation of engine parameters during the flight or other flight behaviours of the plane? kind of flight recorder thing I guess that's how I would describe it.Best regards

>Hi There,>>Looks quite interesting. I am looking forward to try it as>soon as you can release it.>>Any thought about including some graphical representation of>engine parameters during the flight or other flight behaviours>of the plane? kind of flight recorder thing I guess that's how>I would describe it.>>Best regards>Hi, thanks for your interest Yes I have lots of things planned for this. I am writing this not only as its a good way for me to learn programming but also because its something that I can make use of to aid my flightsimming.At some stage in the future I will add a graphical representation of the flight versus flightplan, something similar to the one in FS9 but obviously more detailed and you can save it for future reference! Engines, I havent thought of but will consider it in future.I've got a few problems I'm working on with regards to some of the intersections within the flightplan but apart from that its shaping up pretty good. I'm hoping to have a version out shortly for testing if you are interested.RegardsGraham

Received, will reply to you shortlyUpdated website with a sample report of a flight from EGCC to EGLL to give you an idea of what I am trying to do.Obviously not complete yet and loads to add but let me know if anyone is interested and if you have any ideas etc Graham

>Sounds pretty neat, I hope you end up getting it working for>many of the major add-on aircraft. I can't imagine how much>of an undertaking something like this must be.The Level-D 767 has an SDK which interfaces to most of the cockpit switches etc so I can monitor that. Other major aircraft such as PMDG dont have an SDK so I will be limited as to what I can monitor.Regardless all aircraft will have full flight plan following along with basics such as airspeed, altitude, lights, pitch, bank, altimeter pressure etc etc. It depends on a)if an SDK is availible or :( if the aircraft designer is using FS2004 internal offsets or whether they are using their own software for things such as GPS, light switches and so on which cannot be read within FS.Graham