Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

PSS 777 - "Landing Altitude" illuminated constantly

I have not received any response yet at the AVSIM Unofficial PSS forum on my question, so I am posting here as well in case there are any experienced PSS 777 simmers, as follows:The term "Landing Altitude" illuminates either frequently or constantly on the PFD and EICAS of the PSS T-7 model. I cannot figure out why it does this. I can CANCEL it on the EICAS although it returns later and I can never find a way to cancel it in the lower right corner of the PFD. Can anybody help?Appreciate any assistance, thanks!JS

If it's anything like the 747 do you have the outflow valves set to auto?Rob

Rob Prest

Yes. They are on AUTO all the time and I've given up (for now) trying to manage them manually.JS

Sorry I cant be more help but I only flew her for 6 months a looong time ago. on the 747 In the lower right corner of the PFD you get a little message letting you know a arrival runway needs to be selected, it appears around half way into the cruise. I would assume the 777 and 747 PFD is pretty much the same.Rob

Rob Prest

Google is your friend :) Just dredged up some old 777 docs.LANDING ALTITUDE-Landing alt selector in Manual, or FMC landing alt information notvalid.-Pressurization information is displayed, AUTO is blanked,pressurization referenced from landing altitude selector.-MAN in amber, 0 displays as landing altitude.-First detent changes in 100

Rob Prest

Hmm, I half suspected if this was the case. But I often hand fly the PMDG Queen with no FMC route data and I don't get any such annunciations.Never mind, as long as it's nothing fatal or nothing that can lead to something fatal in the sim (!), I can live with this minor item, I spoze.Thanks!JS

Yes.. I also got the same problem...But, if you completely enter the route in the FMC, the problem will be gone... :)Cheers.TW