Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

PSS 777 : Wing Lights and A/T questions

Sorry for doing this here again but the Unofficial PSS forum has limited visitors and responses, so here goes:1. I don't seem to have any leading edge wing lights on the PSS T-7. Is this me not doing something right or have they not in fact been modeled? 2. On performing an autoland (which works pretty well!), with the AT still switched on, I pull my CH throttles to the reverse position--which works perfectly for my dozens of different jet aircraft in my FS2004 fleet--but it does NOT work to reverse the engines on the T-7! I have to switch off the AT on the cockpit panel first and then pull the CH levers to reverse and then it works right. Is there a better fix for this ?Appreciate any replies, thanks!JS

Hey Mr Sacks.1) Do you mean the wingtip nav lights. Or do you mean the 'wing lights' used to illuminate the wing and engine nacelles? In either case, to make sure that you don't lose the nav lights, make sure that you start with the default cessna and turn on the master and avionic switches before going to the PSS T7. Unfortuntaely the 'wing lights' are not modeled.2) PSS has never figured out how to the have the AP disengage automatically as it should. This has always been a bug with the T7 and is just another PSS 'feature'.Regards,Mike T.

Mike:Yes, I meant wing lights that illuminate the leading edge and engine nacelles. So they are not modeled. That's OK. I just wanted to know if it's me or the plane.On autolands, the A/T spools down 5 feet above the ground so one lands hard all the time. But it's OK. I am relieved to know that the A/T failure to disengage is also a design glitch and not me. Actually, on balance, I am pretty impressed with this T-7. I got the CD-ROM edition and installed the two Just Flight patches. I find her to be a very good plane with great features and reliable performance. I haven't yet done an LNAV+VNAV flight but so far all works well and I have not experienced any of the flight issues that people reported over time. I had the original PSS T-7 and 747-400 many years ago and loved 'em both, and I am very sorry that PSS has disappeared, at least, for now. Thanks for your reply.Cheers,JS

Actually, for whatever it's worth, the wing(and logo) light SOURCES are modeled - they light up but splash/illuminate nada.edit - any particular reason no L/Vnav yet? works well :) regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

I prefer to pace myself in the initial flight stages and first of all master hand-flight with every new model. I like to test everything thoroughly and see if it works properly or if it's glitchy in any way. I also am kinda burned out with building flightplans although I have about 150 FSNav flightplans that I guess I can convert into FS9 plans for the PSS bird.Anyway, that's why no LNAV as of yet. Oh, one other thing, I did do a 20 hour real-time maiden flight and left the PC on overnight and it worked just beautifully all the way. So this is impressive stuff!JS