Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

psolk

Very Cool moving map

So I don't normally come and boast about software because there is always someone willing to start an argument ;) BUT I have had FSEarth since Version 3.2 (I think...)TBH I always found that it caused Huge stutters so I never really used it.Well I have always updated Google Earth and after doing all of my rebuilds (as you can see by my sig LOL) I decided to give FSEarth another try. They are up to V 5.1 I think. Originally the intent was just to display my flightplan on GoogleEarth.All I have to say is I did not stop there and this is VERY cool. I am doing KEWR-LEMD right now and on my second box I have GE/FE (Google Earth/FSEarth) running and I am adjusting the zoom and tilt from with in FS :) I have GE running with realtime clouds and radar, labels on, borders on, roads on and it is better than the inflight display on my real flights. I can now associate what I am flying over with a real place or image. I can see weather upcoming in ASV and I can watch my little A/C track across Newfoundland and out to sea :)For anyone who just wants a very cool way to track their flights on a second machine or even just on the same machine this is definitely worth a look. There is a free demo around anchorage and it takes all of a few minutes to configure even on multiple machines so you might as well.Before you ask...Q. Where can I get it. A. GoogleQ. Do I need WideFS for networked installs?A. NoQ. Does it display traffic?A. Yes but that is going to require me reading the manuals so no...Q. Do i have screenshots or videos?A. Nope, i just fly.Q. Am I associated with this in any way?A. Nope, just one of those things I thought was cool enough to share...Please pass any comments, criticisms, critiques or complaints to:president@noonecares.comEnjoy folks,-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme2 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlWideFS/FSEarth MachineAsus P5n32-ESLI PlusC2D E66003 gigs Corsair XMS 8600 GTBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>If you get a spare minute try this moving map: FSWidgetsGMap>for FSX. You can download it at:>http://fswidgets.com/shop/download_files.php. Lot of people>are praising this freeware for its functionalities and ease of>use. >Too bad it doesn't work in FS2004. BTW, I have their EFB and that's cool too.