Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

psolk

An FS9 Moment...

So here is one of those moments that you just cherish with FS...11 hours 10 minutes total, 10 hours 20 minutes Flight time. PSS T7 w/ FDC and PFE from Imaginesim KEWR to the phenomenal Freeware LLBG with Tel-Aviv Photo real scenery and objects passing UTUSA and UTE along the way and following myself on a seperate machine with a 24 inch monitor and FSEarth. Departed KEWR in pretty Overcast conditions but was pretty uneventful with 100 kt tailwinds most of the way. I got to see a beautiful sunset fading from blue into a Pitch Black night over the Atlantic. (It is awesome with the new 28) Some great views of France and Paris at night as I hit landfall continuing East. I can see why it is the city of Lights ;) I saw some great storms over the Alps and the Aegean sea between Italy and Greece turning the Flood lights on at one point the flashes were so intense. I saw the sky turn from pitch black to light blue to pink and orange as the sun rose to meet me passing Cyprus. I was all set up for a nice easy routine descent into LLBG and pull ATIS to hear Heavy Fog less than 1/2 mile Vis. Hmmm, uh oh OTTO... Well ASV came through, I could not see the ground anywhere in my approach until I was just passed the threshold and at ~ 70 feet. Flare Flare Flare LOL...Get the nice click clock of the centerline thanks to AES, Heavy Reverse and Braking with Spoilers Deployed and when I exit RWY 12 and circle back to taxi to C8 the soup is so thick I could not even see the terminal. It was truly one of those FS moments that you cherish and is the reason we deal with all the cr*p that accompanies us in our simming travels ;)I found my way to C8, Parking Brake on, engines off, Locks in position, watch the gate approach and sit back and take a deep breath and just enjoy the moment as FSP and AES let my passengers disembark...A few minutes later the cleaning crew arrives, Catering is there as is the Fuel Truck and I make my way upstairs to my own Bed... That is one luxury RW pilots DON'T have on us LOL....It really was a truly enjoyable flight and I just thought I would share. -PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme2 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs28 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlFSEarth/WideFS rigAsus P5N32E-SLI PlusE66008600 GT3 gigs Corsair XMS2 CL424 inch DellBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

HelloThanks for sharing your FS moment.I STILL get these even though i have been at it for years now.I usually fly most evenings and i might go all week going through the motions because of tiredness or worries about this and that(that that can be dammed worrying:-) )But i still get those moments usually just after takeoff(but at other times too)that i think this is just so good,this program is just so clever(how it all works)and those moments are what keeps me coming back for more.As i have said before i doubt there are many computer applications that are five years old and still give so much pleasure.cheers Andy