Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Mach7

PMDG Download and compatibility..

Hello all. I am thinking about purchasing the PMDG 737-600. Was wondering if, (since it is download only), I would have any problems downloading it directly to a CD then copy to my computer...that way I have the information in the event something is lost. Also, does anyone have the Go-Flight MCP pro, and if you do does it work well with this software?...Thank you..

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm deeply suspicious that security on some payware can cause CTD's -even if you bought it ligitimately but then perhaps took shortcuts re-installing it after re-installing Flight Simulator.So I wouldn't do what you suggest if I were you.However, you are wrong in saying the PMDG 737 is available only by download.My advice is to get this:http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/587093/PMD...00/Product.htmlNot only is it on CD, but the VC is fully "clickable". If you download the 737-600, you will need to buy the 800-900 as well to get the full VC.

If you are only to get one 737NG series get the 800/900 CD version from Aerosoft as it can stand alone. The panel has more enabled features. It can be used to update the 600/700.As I recall, the 600/700 ND TCAS was not enabled. I am not aware of any updates for just the 600/700 from PMDG.By the time you pay for any new keys with the download due to system changes (if needed) you may as well get the CD version of the 800. It is keyed to the CD. Once you register the product with Aerosoft you will have access to its FAQ and patches.I spent more and bought the Aerosoft CDs for both and installed them in the correct order. All liveries downloaded from PMDG work as does their fuel loader utility download.The CDs are available at several sim retail sites.If you do elect the download route be sure to burn the install files and any keys to CD.