Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cumulo

Round the world flight

Guest retard_retard_retard

Now that i've finally got fs2004 running well with the hardware and add-on software that it deserves, i fancy having a bash at a round the world flight. Does anyone have a route that they can recommend that will give me the best experience possible? hoping to start and finish in the UK and would like the stops to all be within 737NG range of each other is that can be done. If not i might change to the level-d 767. Would also be great if there was a good payware or freeware scenery for each stop just to make the whole thing more interesting.I tried this about a year ago on my old rig and i only got from Edinburgh to Sofia before i go too fed up with all the computer crashes ect!Any thoughts on routes/scenery/any other add-ons which could help me out would be much appreciated.Thanks,CallumAsus Striker Extreme 680i SLICore2Duo E6600 OC'd - 3.2GhzCorsair 2GB DDR2 XMS2Nvidia 8800GTS x2 SLI OC'd - 651/1051Western Digital VelociRaptor 300GB 10000RPMSeagate 500GB WD 7200RPM RAID 0CoolIT Freezone Elite TEC/Chiller CPU Cooling Unit2 Samsung SM226BW 22" DualviewWindows Vista Ultimate 32bitSaitek x45 controls

Yup, I did one of these about a year ago. Two simulataneously actually: eastbound from Heathrow in a BA 737-300 via Cairo, Dubai, Delhi, Singapore, Malaysia, Sydney, Wellington, Tonga, Easter Island, Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Atlanta, Boston, Reykjavik, Shannon and back to Heathrow. This was in between westbound legs from Boeing Field in a WestJet 737-600 via Alaska, Japan, all points west via Scandinavia and then across Canada.Phew!;)

Well, after replacing my PC, which may happen soon, I'm planing a trip like that too.What you should remember is that it would be very hard to see all interesting places on all continents in one round-the-world flight. Of course that would be great, but you usually have to choose the southern or the northern way to go. The later is more realistic due to most travel over land and airports.My suggestion (including available scenery as you mentioned) would be the following points en route:1. London Heathrow (SimWings/UK2000) or Gatwick (UK2000)2. Tel Aviv Ben Gurion (great freeware LLBG2006)3. Dubai Intl (FlyTampa + freeware upgrade from AVSIM)4. Bangkok Suvarnabhumi (freeware VTBS + photoscenery)note: you can have a stopover in Delhi (freeware scenery available)And now two options: NORTH-EAST or SOUTH-EAST.NORTH-EAST:5. Hong Kong Chek Lap Kok (freeware by Thomas Kwong)6. Shanghai Pudong (paid by Samsoft or freeware by AI China)7. Tokyo Narita (paid from Overland)And now just one long-haul in Level-D 767-300ER9. US west coast (KSEA/KSFO-FlyTampa / KLAX-Cloud9 / KPDX-FlightScenery)10. Boston Longan (free by G.Grimshaw) or Canada (freeware CYYZ)11. Keflavik (freeware)12. Back to LondonSOUTH-EAST:5. Singapore (Samsoft the Very Singapore) or Kuala Lumpur (free)6. Jakarta (freeware by Budi Santoso)7. Darwin (part of freeware VOZ pack)8. Sydney Kingsford Smith (also free from VOZ)9. Wellington (paid from Godzone) or Christchurch (free)10. Fiji Nadi (freeware)11. Papeete Faa (freeware)And now switch to Level-D for one long-haul hop12. Santiago (freeware SCEL)13. Rio de Janeiro (paid - a few options)14. Fortaleza (freeware)15. Cape Varde (freeware)16. Canary Islands (paid from Aerosoft or free La Palma from Project Canarias)17. Back to London (unless you want to visit Spain or Portugal - lots of sceneries)To boost you airport experience consider adding Aerosoft's AES features. They are available for many of the mentioned airports.You should do these hops with your heavily-fuelled 737.Except for the single 767 long-hauls.Another northern alternative is to fly to Tokyo over Russia.There are many excellent Russian airports (avsim and avsim.ru), most for free, e.g: Moscow, Yekaterinburg, Novoribirsk, up to Vladivostok.Best regards,Rafal

Guest retard_retard_retard

Thanks, that was really informative. Having just installed the VOZ scenery i think i'll go with the southern route this time around as im really impresses with how it looks. Seems theres also plenty of other sceneries out there that i wasn't aware of so thanks for the info.