Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

Lights Appear to Float Over Runway

Certain lights appear to float over my runways -- it seems to happen at mostly my FlyTampa airports. Can anyone point me to a fix for this? I know I've read about this before but I'll be danged if I can find it in a search -- I've also searched the FlyTampa forums and the Ultimate Terrain forums with no luck.Thank in advance.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/189462.jpg

Have you double checked for the possible presence of duplicate afcads for the airport(s) in question?

Well, I did a search of my entire FS9 folder for anything named KBOS and didn't find anything. Don't the default AFCADS have a different, bizarre kind of name?Thanks, as always for answering Opa. Jeez, I thought this was a common problem -- one response. Maybe that's why I didn't find anything about it. ;-)

Whose KBOS are you using? George Grimshaw's perhaps?If so, double check his instructions - I seem to remember there are several things which must done as a part of the installation - can't remember off hand what they were though.I believe his latest version is bostonv2.zip here in the library.

Thanks, Opa. I'll do that.(Maybe that's where I remember reading about this!)

Guest cloudflyer

I have the same problem and it seems to be a factor when the weather is down. (low viz) I live with it but it can give serious spatial disorientation at times.Michael

There's nothing in the instructions about it, but I thought I had read about it somewhere. Maybe not. It's such a gorgeous freebie that this doesn't even phase me, but because I thought it was an easy fix I thought I'd ask.It does look weird though, doesn't it? :-)