Sign in to follow this  
Guest CNR9116

An issue about FlightSim Manager 2.8.5

Guest CNR9116

Hi everyone, I've just installed the FlightSim Manager 2.8.5 and also the patch fsmgr.zip and I'd like to use it for managing my scenery.cfg. However, when I applied the patch and I found that only a blank window with a FS directory selection is shown but no any other buttons. If I close the window, an error is shown (something like Err 006). I've also try other methods to run it but no success. Could this problem be solved? Thanks!

Have you changed your FSM shortcut according to the patch instructions?An alternative is RunAsDate. Which was posted not so long ago in another FSM thread. It's what I use and it works perfectly.

Mike...

The patch works properly, but ONLY if you follow the instructions to the letter. The path must be correct and the shortcut must call the FSMGR.exe file and not the FlightSimManager.exe file.The Run As Date program mentioned by Mike can be found at several DL sites including this one:http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/RunA...load-74129.html

Guest CNR9116

I've used the RunAsDate but the result is the same... I captured what happened when I try to run FSM.Thanks!

Which OS are you running - XP or Vista?I have had no problems setting it up and running it under XP.You might trying uninstalling it and downloading it again and reinstalling the fresh download. Always the possibility that something went amiss during the download.Good luck.

Guest ThrottleUp

What an intriguing and clever program that Run As Date is! Never heard of it before but ...its such a clever and simple idea :)

Guest CNR9116

English Windows XP...I've tried several times for v2.7.2, 2.8 an 2.8.5 but that screen still shows... Nothing I can press...Or could anyone captured his/her FS directory selection screen to me for a reference? Thanks!