Sign in to follow this  
mikejr

Vought F8 Crusader/Mirage 2000 sounds

Hey guys, just downloaded Roland Laborie's great Chance-Vought F8 Crusader and i'm surprised to learn it doesn't come with a soundset. Can anyone help? I have a B-52 P&W J57-P soundset so far, will that do? I know the F8 had J57-P-20A's so is there anything more specific, or anything in development, or will the B-52 J57-P's suffice?Also, what is the best Mirage 2000 soundset out? I have and old CFS2 converted FS2002 one.Please get back to me if you can help, thanks.

Mike 

Anyone got any ideas?It'd be great if they had.

Mike 

I'm still in search of some decent sounds but if your interested in helping, i have these at the moment - will they do?:m2k5fsound.zip & m2k_soundup.zip for the Mirage 2000;b52-turbojet.zip for the Chance-Vought F8 Crusader,If you're interested, please have a look at them and see if they match to the real engines. It was quite hard to find these files in the first place but i believe the first two i found at either Flightsim or Avsim, maybe even something like FSPlanet, and the other one i found at Classic British Files.Please, I'd really like an expert opinion on this :-). Thanks a lot.

Mike 

I'm still in search of some decent sounds but if your interested in helping, i have these at the moment - will they do?:m2k5fsound.zip & m2k_soundup.zip for the Mirage 2000;b52-turbojet.zip for the Chance-Vought F8 Crusader,If you're interested, please have a look at them and see if they match to the real engines. It was quite hard to find these files in the first place but i believe the first two i found at either Flightsim or Avsim, maybe even something like FSPlanet, and the other one i found at Classic British Files.Please, I'd really like an expert opinion on this :-). Thanks a lot.
Sounds are also available at my Mirage website: http://www.mirage4fs.com

Frank Safranek - Alphasim/Virtavia Paint Crew

m4fs_banner.jpg

Guest tatest

Having lived with B-52s (D), early KC-135s, and 100-generation fighters that used the J-57, I would expect that a B-52 sound set, if it was done right for a B-52, would sound nothing like an F-8. There is a big difference between the sound mix of eight J-57s in pods. four J-57s in pods, and one J-57 with an afterburner and a long intake, at least from outside. The sound of B-52s. the scream dominates over the roar of the gases. In a single engine fighter, the noise is mostly roar mid-range and lower frequencies, and when the afterburner kicks, BOOM! and the whine of turbines is lost. I'm not much of a jet fighter collector, so I don't know where to look for a Crusader sound. To borrow from another model, however. I would look for a late '50s single engine fighter with an afterburner, even if it was the wrong engine (F-100, 102, 104, 105, 106, or maybe an A-4). Not a turbofan, nor a multi-engine.