Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Shawn_Stitt

Virtual Memory (PF Usage)

Trying to get a ruff idea if I should re-install Flight Simulator or not. What kinda Virtual Memory Usage are you guys seeing with your Flight Simulator 2004?with most of my setting maxed in the game I am getting around 800mb to 1.3GB of PF usage when flying (never get OOM error) I fly with most of the setting on Ultra with a lot of custom traffic. I also use Radar Contact, Active sky 6.5, along with AI smooth. Anyways just wondering what a good number is to kinda shoot for, I know everyone's PC is different.6400+2GB DDR28800GTOC2XP/SP360GB/500GB HD's

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,If I recall correctly, my FSim never uses more then 800MB-1.5GB physical memory depending on aircraft and scenery/airport.Do you imply that on top of your 2GB RAM, FSim uses an extra 800-1500MB, so appr 3+GB?If you are asking how large your swapfile should be: That is independant of the applications you are running. It more or less depends on the amount of physical RAM.A good measure is 1.5 * RAM, so in your case 3GB (Fixed)

Your numbers are about right - 1.3 on a bad day, with a complex plane. The bottom line is to let Windows manage your page file, per Microsoft's recommendations.DJ