Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

FS Realtime - customer support??

Is anyone able to contact 3D Softworks about the time zone issue in FS RT? Looks like you can't send anything to them, yet they have this whole paragraph on their site about contact issues.The time zone thing is making me crazy. All of Europe is off by one hour. U.S. west coast loads with correct time, but the east coast only jumps ahead 2 hrs when it should be 3. Guess I should have left well enough alone. I'm not even sure what the settings should be any more.

Mate, it looks you should have a little read about time zones... Europe should be off by 1 hour at this time of the year. Google daylight saving time (DST)All pilots operate in UTC http://www.iris.washington.edu/seismon/html/utc.htmlCalculating your local time from your FMC is basic mathematicsRob

Rob Prest

Rob you misunderstood. He is correct when saying that Central Europe is off an hour, because for whatever reason FSRealtime does not account for the DST. So while the sun calculations are still being done in relation to UTC, and you won't have a deviation there, you will still get the wrong time displayed in central europe.It is 14:10 right now yet FSRealtime displays 13:10.

I will have a look at this when I get home, are you sure you guys have your settings correct? For example I flew online last night from EGGS - EDDF Departure: EGSS (Stansted UK)Arrival: EDDF (Frankfurt/M-Flughafen Germany)Departure time (GMT): 04/08/2008 18:38Arrival time (GMT): 04/08/2008 19:54Hours logged: 1.3Departure was at 18:38 and that is also what my FMC and on board clock showed but the real local time in London was 19:38.As of right now the current UTC time is 12:28 london local time is 13:28 - if I loaded up my sim right now my FMC and clock should be displaying 12:28I am departing from Central europe tonight so I will look into this.Rob

Rob Prest

Yes, the current timezone files have a couple of errors. Eastern US is showing UTC-5 when it should be UTC-4, and Central Europe is showing UTC+1 when it should be UTC+2.KyleFS box: Q6600 (@ 3.24 GHz), ASUS P5E3 Premium, 4 GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 (Cas 6-6-6-18-2T @ 1440 MHz), BFG 8800GTX 768, Soundblaster XFi Fatality, WD 300 GB 10000 rpm VelociRaptor (FSX), WD 150 GB 1000 rpm Raptor (FS9), Samsung Spinpoint F1 750 GB (OS/Apps), Silverstone TJ09 case, PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 PSU, Vista Ultimate 64WideClient1: An old P4 with 1 GB ramWideClient2: Compaq Presario Laptophttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

Guest LeeWang

Well,, the Author confirmed their is a problem with the time zone files as of 1.87.6.See my post here: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchIf you're using an older version prior to 1.86, you will not see this issue. I fixed the problem as stated in my post above.It also appears, the 3D website got messed up, and they reverted back to an older version prior to April. Not sure what's going on there, but something has happened. Hope they get if fixed soonLee

maybe this explains why I dont have any issues, I've been using the software for ages and never saw the point in upgrading to a newer version. so are they still selling the latest version with a error in the timezone?Rob

Rob Prest

Thank you! I really thought I was losing it. I'm showing the zones will update more correctly if I don't do the 'update' in FS Real time. Otherwise I have the Eastern U.S. incorrect by one hour while the Western U.S. is correct at -7. Any idea where I might get the older version of Real Time? It was fine before. Not sure why they needed an update. Appreciative of any info so I can get my times correct again. Thanks for all the info.

Glad you have done your homework.. good boy

Rob Prest

>Maybe someone could email me the older version?>Thanksdisregard - I found version 1.83 on Avwings and now the timezones are fixed.