Sign in to follow this  
Guest MJDykas

FS9 Tweaking

Guest MJDykas

I was just wondering, most of the tweaks that you read about in these forums or for that matter all of the rest date back 2 or 3 years. If you have a a new system for Ex.a 3.16GHZ intel wolfdale, Running Vista 64bit with 8gb of Ram with Raptor drives and a up to date high end video card or cards is it still necessary to tweak your config. I would think that a new system would just tear through FS9 with no problems. Is this the case for some of you guy's...or do you still go through tweaking your config.

Guest ShaneRay

Heh, I just went searching for my login information so I could ask the same question.I have a new system (Q6600, 4GB ram, 8800GT, Vista) and am wondering about tweaks as well. I didn't get this system with FS9 in mind, but it seems to be running great as of right now.Anyway, I'd appreciate an answer to the question as well :)

Some of the tweaks are designed to unlock the real power in FS9 for high end machines. Examples of this are the enhanced Terrain tweaks:TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.500000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=4.50000(etc.) - there are many versions of this tweak)and video card tweak:TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

I agree that most tweaks are developed right after the title is released, and obviously use then-current hardware. There seems to be little to no interest in revisiting the tweaks as better hardware comes available.scott s..