Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

OOM Error -- Just Keep On Flying??

I didn't know you could just keep on flying after getting an OOM if just don't close out the error message window and just send it to the background!I've been getting Out of Memory errors on final or right after landing ever since installing FSDream Team's KJFK, KORD, and Zurich airports (buy 2 get one free!) but that's not why I'm posting.Last night I got another OOM right after touchdown FROM (FlyTampas) KMIA to KORD real time and instead of clicking on the "X" to close the error message like I usually do and which would automatically close out FS9, I just clicked the FS9 window on the XP task bar to bring it to the front again and FS9 just let me continue my landing, all controls and addons working just fine! RadarContact, FDC, FSPassengers, ActiveSky all running on a WideFS client, all sim sounds, everything continued to work fine. *:-* The OOM message was always lurking in the background (I run 3 monitors in windowed mode so I could see a sliver of it) but I taxied to the nearest gate, shut down, and even took the time to go through my parking checks with FDC and do a 2 minute unload of my FSPassengers to collect my money and points. I then shut the sim and addons as though nothing unusual had happened. A few AI textures never loaded, but I was just glad I could finish an otherwise perfect flight.If this option has ever been mentioned before I just completely missed it, but until I can get these errors straightened out I'm just gonna' try to keep on truckin', 'er, flyin' until the "ship canna take no more:. The heck with that stupid OOM window -- just send it to the back, I say!

You might want to consider downloading, installing and cleaning house with "scanAFD.exe" which removes duplications. After implementation of this tool, I have never has an OOM.Respectfully:RTH

Guest scoeva

That's nice to know. I'll have to give that a try. There's nothing more frustrating after a 'perfect flight' to have the whole thing end in a black screen just before taxiing to the gate or touchdown:-mad.Scott

Guest XQ-NUE

Hi,i have no duplicates in my fs but when I had OOM warnings I used to have my landclass files in the add on scenery folder. Opa wrote when putting the landclass file into a folder without having a texture folder next to it will solve the problem.I created a new dedicated folder in FS9 Scenery. Will this really solve my problem for the future?

I don't know -- but I DO know that scanAFD.exe no longer runs on my computer.

Guest XQ-NUE

Hi,when I wanna run this scan programm I ggot an error message that it is not possble to find my scnerey.cfgAny ideas?