Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HoratioWondersocks

Project fokker autopilot question

Hello AllOn all my aircraft(i am talking passenger jet aircraft here)prior to takeoff you can set your autopilot altitude and heading(as you are ment to do, the HDG and ALT lights on the autopilot coming on to indicate this ) on takeoff and climb you just select the autopilot switch and of you go,but on the Project Fokker aircraft you can't seem to do this.As you climb you select autopilot as usual but you then have to click ALT and HDG AS well ie these functions only work once autopilot is switched on.Any ideas please? I do know that PFokker does have a number of bugs ie radios work even when switched off,you cant select taxi lights without the landing lights coming on as well(although strangely you can if you select them in there VC(not true vc)cockpit.So is the autopilot just peculiar to Fokker or is it a bug?PS despite that i do like the PF,but would be interested to hear what you think.cheers Andy

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Andy,Assuming you are talking about the PF 10070:As creator of the addon V3.0, maybe I can shed some light...First of all, let me remind you that this PF10070 aircraft model was designed in the FS2000 era, so there are bound to be some features not working (or not working correctly) like you would expect from an aircraft designed today... Not an excuse, but still ...:-)About the AP:ALthough that gauge was made before my time with Project Fokker, I'm fairly sure (from what I can read in the Fokker 100 AOM), this is how it works in real life on a Fokker 100. Note though, that this AP is only a subset of the real thing; the one in the DA Fokker 100 is much more advanced.Also, the AP / AFCAS of a real Fokker 100 IS quite different from e.g. a B737 or other, simular jets.About the Radio's still working when switched Off: you are right.Although I fixed the ADF freq. setting, I never noticed that myself :-)... And nobody told us before :-) .. Had I known, I would have probably fixed that as well when I changed the ADF setting.About the taxilights:As explained in my V3.0 readme, in the .mdl the taxilight and landinglights are coupled to the same lightswitch (landing lights).Unlike eg. in the PF F28.I'm not even sure that with the modelling tools back then, it was even possible to switch taxilights independantly.Anyway, since there's no more .mdl source code available, this can't be fixed.Given this fact, one can do two things:- Have a dummy taxilight switch, that does nothing other then switch up/down; but is independantly switchable from the Landinglights.This is how it was in the original release.- Have the Taxi light switch reflect the exact state of the visible taxi lights; but that means it's dependant on the landing light switch.And that's what I chose in V3.0 ...But, as said, without a .mdl change there simply isn't a good solution.Cheers, Rob BarendregtPS: Don't know why questions about such an old addon still keep popping up after so much time ... We must have done something right :-)And personally (if you like Fokker jets), I prefer the PF F28 model myself: much more features and gimmicks, both .mdl-wise and panel-wise. With the same quality flight dynamics.But maybe I'm biassed, since I created the most part of it's panel..:-)

Hello RobThank you very much.If that is how the Fokker 100/70 autopilot works in the real world thats fine with me.The other things are not really that important.I do have the F28 but have yet to give it a real go and I don't really know why either.. BUT! as you have taken the time to give such a courteous and comprehensive reply i will wheel it out of the hanger and get to grips with it.Again thanks for your help.cheers Andy:-)