Sign in to follow this  
markdon

Fs9 won't start

Hi all.I keep getting this error message every time I start fs9.Application error Fs9.exeThe instruction at 0x7c14f0e7 referenced memory at 0x000000e7The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate program.Does anyone know what this means?Thanks, Mark,

Hi Mark,At what point do you see this error message ? FS2004, especially with numerous and/or detailed scenery and aircraft can consume large quantities of memory, and its possible that faulty memory boards would only come to light when the extra memory demands of FS2004 start to use the memory chips on the memory boards not previously needed.How much system memory do you have ? Are you running WinXP or Vista ?How much memory is in use just before starting FS2004 and what does it rise to when FS2004 starts or when this error message appears ?You can monitor memory usage using Windows Task Manager's Performance Tab.Alastair

Guest belga1

Hi,Just try remember what you add to FS9 BEFORE the prob arise.I had the same like error message with a faulty plane in the past........Cheers.

Hi Alistair and all,Just a quick bit of background, This problem is with my fathers set up, not mine. He is 82 and got the simming bug from me a couple of years ago. The idea of consulting a forum was a bit daunting for him however so I said I would do it for him.His system is ...Pentium 4/3.2 GHZ processor 1 GB. GEIZ DDR RAM120 GB SATA hard disk256 mb. ATI PCI graphics cardWindows XP Pro The problem first started when he started fs9 a couple of days ago and it started rebuilding the scenery cfg. I think this was the usual daylight saving rebuild as it had started that day.The next time he tried to open it, the splash screen appeared but then a window came up with the following error message;ERRORYour computer has run out of available memory. Flight Simulator will now exit. You may not have enough free space on your hard drive. Run disk cleanup to free up space and then try running flight simulator againOK buttonHe did this and then got a second message;The instruction at 0x7c14f0e7 referenced memory at 0x0000001c.The memory could not be "read". click OK to terminate program.The hard disk is segmented into three sections;C drive 55.8 gb. free 28.5 gb.D drive 45.3 " 42.7 "E drive 10.4 " 10.0 "The flight simulator is on D driveThe Task Manager screen shows the following;Performance physical memory;Total 1047788Available 592752System cache 674964We would greatly appreciate any ideas you might have.Cheers, Mark (and his dad)