Sign in to follow this  
Guest aldrei.zanette

Boeing 747 200 panel(Gauge missing)

Guest aldrei.zanette

Hi guys.I donwloaded de 747 200 panel by Sid Star(Downloaded on FS2000.org)I installed the panel, but there is a little problem with it.A message comes up saying the gauge rp727.gau.is missing even tough it is installed in the main gauge folder of fs9.Can somebody help me to solve this problem?Regards,Aldrei

>Hi guys.>>I donwloaded de 747 200 panel by Sid Star(Downloaded on>FS2000.org)>I installed the panel, but there is a little problem with it.>>A message comes up saying the gauge rp727.gau.is missing even>tough it is installed in the main gauge folder of fs9.>>Can somebody help me to solve this problem?>>Regards,>>AldreiTry putting a copy of that gauge in the panel folder of the aircraft. FS2004 looks first in the panel folder for the required gauges and then in the main gauge folder.Hope this helps.

Guest aldrei.zanette

Hi David.I did try it last night but it didn't work.I am still getting the same gauge error message.Thanks for your help all the same.Regards,Aldrei

Guest aldrei.zanette

Hi Ed.What exactly should I type, is it the gauge name, in this case rp727.gau?regards.Aldrei

>Hi David.>>I did try it last night but it didn't work.I am still getting>the same gauge error message.>>Thanks for your help all the same.>>Regards,>>Aldrei>>I found the panel file and have downloaded it and installed it. For me it works as it should with no error messages.This is what I did -Unzipped it to a Temporary Folder first.Copied the CONTENTS of the Gauge folder (84 objects in all including a Folder named DME) - and Pasted the 84 objects into the Panel folder of the B747-200 Classic Panel folder which is a part of the unzipped package.I then renamed that Panel folder to Panel.classic (note the period between the words Panel and classic)This folder was then placed in my 747_400 aircraft folder and I edited the aircraft.cfg file so the Panel= line now reads Panel=classicThis was done for each "paint" of the aircraft I wanted that panel to be used with.Doing that makes the 747-400 use the new classic panel instead of the default one.I do not like to put a bunch of gauges for any panel into my main Gauge folder in case I do not want to keep the panel in question. Placing them in the Panel folder helps keep my Gauge folder from getting cluttered with gauges I do not need. FS2004 looks in the Panel folder first for any gauges it requires and then looks in the main gauge folder if they are not found.As I said, it all works properly for me.