Sign in to follow this  
yankeegolf3

world of AI

>hi,>I've just installed world of AI. Is it possible to display the>flight numbers?>ThanksIf you install the free TrafficToolbox utility from Microsoft, one of the options in the drop down menu allows you to display far more information (including flight numbers if memory serves) than is available in the default display dialogue of FS2004.You can get it here:http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2...x_sdk_setup.exe Install it anywhere and then place a copy of the traffictoolbox.dll in your modules folder. You will then have a new option on the menu bar at the top of your screen (in windowed mode).The toolbox allows you to see and watch active AI traffic in your area as well as make adjustments the the type and percentage and amount of info shown while flying. A neat utility in my humble opinion.Hope this is what you are seeking.

>hi David,>Thank you very much, that is exactly what I wanted. I followed>your neat instructions and it worked fine.>Thank you.Be sure to check out the "explore" function also. It shows the state of all active aircraft in the area (sleep, taxi out, takeoff, enroute , landing taxi in etc. as well as the estimated departure and arrival times and more).Double clicking on any aircraft in the list will put you in a spot view of that AI aircraft and allow you to follow it for approx 128 Nautical Miles. The view can be adjusted with your hat switch or keyboard.I use that function to check flight plans - very useful.Enjoy!

Hey Dave, that is a neat tip I knew nothing about. Five years and still learning! How cool is that?

>Hey Dave, that is a neat tip I knew nothing about. Five years>and still learning! How cool is that?That was straight out my Tips and Tricks for FS2004 series - issue number 14 (of 25).http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=73315The Traffic Toolbox is a "must have" for me. MS must have thought so also as it is built into FSX.