Sign in to follow this  
Jerel

SIM1.dll CTD at 1 airport only

I am experiencing a Sim1.dll ctd at HUEN - Entebbe Intl Airport. It happens after I click Fly Now and around 98-99% loaded. I used Flightsim Manager, ACA2005 and 2007 and several other methods to make sure my AI planes were not causing problems. I am still going through several traffic bgls just to be sure but I do not think it is AI related because it happens on different days and times. I have Ultimate Terrain, FSGenesis and FSGlobal2008 installed. I verified that both mesh packages together do not cause a conflict per se only additional HD space used.I tried going to other airports in countries around HUEN and had no problems at those airports. I went to HUAR a small airstrip with no problem. I changed AFCAD2 files and that did not fix the problem. So, I discounted the sim1.dll coming from a AFCAD2. Does anyone have any other ideas? I searched the forums and can not seem to find an solution identical to the problem. Thank you.

Is this a default airport or one which has been enhanced?If an enhancement, please provide the complete filename and where you downloaded it - so one of us can see if we can duplicate your problem.

Gentlemen,Thank you for the replies. I turned off AI at the airport to see if that would fix the problem. The airport loaded. ;) I traced the problem to a United Nations AI package downloaded from avsim.ru. It contained some AI MI-xxx helicopters. Those were the culprit. Problem solved. I guess FS9 did not like the configuration of those particular helicopters. If you're curious I believe a search on MONUC at avsim.ru will return the file.Have a Happy Thanksgiving!