Sign in to follow this  

Blurry texture during flight.

Hello,First of all I would like to thank the developer ,Christian , for developing one amazing piece of software.Secondly, i fly the airliners quite a lot. but the thing that really disappoints me is that the scenery tend to get blurry after a short period of time.How can i fix this issue ?I am running mipmapping on 8 (in the sim) and x16 (in the driver level).What else can be done Thanks in advance.Mike

Guest Challenger604

The answer is NO you can not have crystal clear textures flying in a jetliner. With this scenery try a Cessna or Cub.I hope in future releases he is able to find a way to maximize the texture loading bottleneck.

Could I for example, do a flight with a cessna, which would allow for caching of the tiles, and then repeat the same route with an airliner? would the botleneck still exist?Great concept, thankc ChrisJohn

Guest Challenger604

Again I believe the answer is NO. Unless you convert the scenery files to .bgl files and they are in the correct folder for the part of the world you are flying.Am I wrong about that?

Guest cbuchner1

Yes, the bottleneck is the speed at which FSX asks for textures, not the theoretical peak performance of Tileproxy.Only with a quad core people have managed to get >1000 TPS (tiles per second), which would allow them to do about 300 knots.Christian

Guest Challenger604

I guess a quad core is my next update. Thanks I did not know anyone was getting that fast of tile dl speed consistantly.I have a AMD3400+ and do see speeds over 1000 at times but the Baron is about as fast as I can get without having to do a refresh.The biggest thing for me was to uninstall SP1. Too bad really.

The other option in FSX is to lower the resolution to say 5m and then fly at speeds up to 200 knots. But I have found that with TP5 and FS2004 (at 4.7m res) that I can fly at nearly 300 knots without blurries + active sky and Mytraffic @100%. The combination of TP5 and FS2004 is excellent.C2D@3GHz 8800GTS 600/1000 Vista Ult.