Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

Mt St Helens mission flickr slide show

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Truly a stunning show there. Breathtaking in fact. And at what resolution may I ask? Ya know, it's almost embarrassing to recall that it was not that long ago that the bland, effectless, waterless, world of FS2000 actually could conjure up in us a few thrilling moments by loading a small area of some newly released 38m freeware mesh that really only provided just enough landscape relief to allow us to squint our eyes and with all our might attempt to "hypnotize" ourselves into suspending our disbelief for just long enough to grasp a fleeting moment ot two of half imagined immersion. It's...it's just astonishing how for our hobby has come. Really extraordinary shots. I must fly up that way soon! Hmmm, lets see...The Dalles to Hood River, then Hood River to Mt. St. Helens...St. Helens to Astoria...ahhh yes, on into the Olympic Range....

Thats exactly where I have been testing FS9 TP out over the past week - as an Aussie, I didn't really have a great knowledge of this area - now with the scenery as presented by TP and a bit of further research, I'm an expert!!:) I can even tell the difference between Mt Adams and Mt Hood Barry