Sign in to follow this  
barryward12345

Not as nice as Ed's !!

Inspired by Ed Truthans screenshots of the Florida Keys http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k59/Barryward12345/eds.jpgI tried it out using Service 3 ( which I have been using with some success in the Pacific North West area) - using the default settings in ED's INI file. http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k59/Barryward12345/ym3.jpgObviously dissappointing compared to ED's screeniesSo I tried again using Ed's settings for Service 1 (as shown on his website) - I can clearly see in FLASH EARTH that Service 1's stuff in this area is nicer, brighter and clearer than Service 3BUT - a bit better , but still nowhere near as nice or clear as ED's http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k59/Barryward12345/ms.jpgSo what is your secret ED?? :-) Mine were taken using default 1 metre res. FLASH EARTH shows much clearer pictures - are they lower res?Regards Barry

Actually Barry, your screens look great! Perhaps one difference is it looks like you're flying at a lower elevation, (I flew about 3800 ft. AGL) and I took my shots with the zoom level backed out a bit more, so maybe the illusion of clarity might be a bit more enhanced. I also flew at mid day so the light and color may have been a bit more vibrant. Lastly, if you took your shots "on the fly" it could be that the highest LOD level hasn't fully loaded yet. In any case, thanks for the screens! You gotta love all that blue water...

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

:( :-lol Thanks EdActually, I thought that perhaps you were flying lower than me - that shot was taken around 2500' - but I had been up to 3500'Right now my ISP is not co-operating. Everybody is complaining about them - file downloads are fast but HTML/web browsing is slow. I think this will be affecting my TP accessing the different services as well. But today they are supposed to be increasing their bandwidth. My shots were taken on the fly. Funny thing though - if I look at the TP DOS box, I can see that one or 2 of them are not "complete" - so I hit PAUSE and wait for them to fill in -- but I can't actually see anything happening onscreen. I would have expected to see something going on onscreen as the boxes fill in??Anyway - it is all good fun and well worth doing. It is easy enough to either fly with TP - or not. I fly the Missions in "normal" FSx - they are a bit of fun too. Even with my "disappointing" shots - it is still great to see the Florida Keys overhead as they are in real life - well, close to it anyway. I find FSx used this way is a great geography teacher. My wife and I have travelled a lot - (going to England in 3 weeks time for 7 weeks) and I find this TP fascinating from a travellers point of view.Barry

Guest rbrown3rd

Nice clip. I enjoyed viewing it. BTW, I also like your website. We will be visiting family in Roanoke near the end of April.

wmayo44,Nice clip. Not sure if you were using FS9 or FSX but if you enable the 2x water in FSX the water motion and wave reflections is really stunning over the FLA Keys. I'm away from home for a day or two but maybe will record some video when I get home and post to this thread...

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

Thanks. Hmmm, I already have 2x enabled for water, mid-level I think.I was using FSX. I have more clips and stills posted atwww.flightsimworld.com on their screenshot forums.The FL panhandle also has some of the best coastal scenery (service 1).