Sign in to follow this  
brucek

FS2Crew for Lvl-D in FSX- Useable from the VC?

I'm thinking of buying this add-on, assuming I can ever find time to stay with the sim the entire flight :). Is is useable with the Level-D FSX product from the VC? I had the notion that some screens were 2D panel windows, maybe incorrectly.Thanks- Bruce.

Hello Bruce,Yes, it works in the VC.The only FS2Crew effect that will not work in the VC is the Bird Strike (smashed glass) and St. Elmo's fire effect.The smashed glass for example will appear in its own separate window in the VC (like a regular 2D panel would).Hope the helps,Bryan

Thsnks Bryan. Looks like a winner. :)Bruce.

Hi,Before I purchase it, I just had one question. In the AVSIM review of the FS9 version, it mentions that the "point at the speed/altitude" thing during climb doesn't work in the VC, only the 2D cockpit. Has this been changed in the FSX version? I have a TrackIR so I dislike going back to the 2D cockpit :)Thanks,-stefan

Hello Stefan,The two click spots you mention are available in the VC in the FSX and FS9 Editions.(For the FS9 Edition it was added in an update).Due to a technical limitation with the VC itself, I could not add the two click spots you mentioned "directly" on to the VC's MCP. What you can do, however, is open up the 2D MCP Window Panel while in the VC, and the two click spots are accessible via there.This is documented in the manual.Cheers,Bryan

Ok, I think I'll give this a shot, it sounds like it should be fun. Now I just need fspassengers back and I'll be all set.Thanks for the quick response!-stefan