Sign in to follow this  
Chris Boyce

VMAX 747-200?

Hi,I recently purchased the VMAX 747-200 add on and have found it very good and have had no problems flying or operating the aircrafts systems. I have found one small problem that I hope someone can help me with I was landing and decided to "repaly" my landing and watch it from the tower view, I noticed that the aircraft seems to make contact with the ground (and touch down) when it is still floating in mid air above the runway. Am I able to fix this some how or does anyone have any new "contact points" for this aircraft?Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi there,the contact points in the original aircraft.cfg are correct and the wheels will touch the runway when they should. If they don't, then there may be something that has gone wrong with the install. However, you should check this in normal mode, as the problem may be the replay - this plays up a lot and very unpredictably with all types of aircraft. I noticed planes with submerged wheels, no animation, gear up landings as well as the floating phenomenon you described. And this happens very arbitrarily - you can have hundreds of perfect replays at the same airport in the same plane, when suddenly it plays up and then goes back to normal afterwards. As far as I know, no-one has figured out how to solve this problem.Cheers,Gosta. http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Hello Beno, If you go to the RFP web site at www.panelshop.com ,you will be able to get help at the forums. Chris