Sign in to follow this  
css2005

Engaging Autopilot on Takeoff

Hi Paul,I just tried to reproduce your issue. I did a takeoff off Rwy 27L at EGLL and when I pressed the Red Button, I heard the Captain say: "Engage Autoflight".That's the expected behavior.To confirm: You don't hear the Captain say "Engage Autoflight" when you hit the red button?I suspect I may know what's happening...What key command is your FS2Crew Red Button currently tied to (check the FS2Crew Start Center)?In the course of flying the MD-11, are you ever hitting the same key associated with the Red button (without thinking that it's tied to the Red Button)?As an experiment, try assigning the Red button to some keyboard button that'd you'd never touch.I think what's happening is the Red key is being hit inadvertently, and this is throwing off the counter FS2Crew uses for the red button.Cheers,Bryan

Guest paulc

Hi Bryan,I will try your suggestions when I get home tonight, I think you are on to something with the red button key assignments! If it works for you it has to work for Craig and I also!thanks for helping.-PaulC

Guest paulc

Well i tried this again, I assigned the red button to the tab key.when gear up was announced by the FO I pressed the TAB key and nothing happened, I even clicked on the red "AF" button and nothing.I will have to poke around a bit and see what else I could possibly do, or I can just live with it and click the "Autoflight" button myself :)-PaulC

Update:We got a handle on this one.For now, if your Red Button does not work for you, do NOT use your "joystick" button for the Red button (The Green joystick is still okay, however).Instead of using a joystick button, use your keyboard assignment for the Red button or left click on the Red button on the FS2Crew Main Panel with your mouse.I'll have an update on this soon when I figure out why this happened to Paul.Cheers,Bryan