Sign in to follow this  
Guest RichardA

Gauge Issue causing FSX CTD

Guest RichardA

Apologies for not getting back to you but I decide to give my pc a good clean out and reformatted the hard drive. I tend to do that every few years, bit drastic but I always make sure I keep any important files. Decided to transfer over to vista 64bit and managed to get fs2crew working with the ATR. When I tried to load the update I lost the ATR in the start center but have since re-installed without the update and it is working fine.Regards,Richard.

Hello Richard,Glad you got it working.Regarding the ATR in the Start Center...I suspect you installed an older FS2Crew release after having installed the ATR. That would result in your more recent Start Center getting overwritten with an older version.The solution is to install the latest version of the Start Center:http://www.fs2crew.com/shop/Updates/FS2Cre...nterMay2008.zipThis is the May 2008 version.A September 2008 version will be released when the MD11 comes out.Cheers,Bryan

Guest RichardA

HI Bryan,Just tried installing the update and got ctd, so uninstalled and reinstalled without including the update and it is working ok again. Happy to leave it like that for now.Regards,Richard.

Hi,I'm new to this forum as I just recently bought some of your fantastic FS2Crew products. They all work like a charm, only FS2Crew for the ATR72-500 (FSX) causes problems. They are of that kind as described above.I run Vista 64bit / FSX with AccPack / ATR72-500 with SP1 but FSX continues to crash when accessing the ATR72-500 aircraft in the aircraft screen. No error is shown - FSX just shuts down with a severe problem and starts again.Several fresh re-installations of FS2Crew and/or ATR72-500 didn't solve the problem. UAC is disabled, full admin rights are granted, 2D cockpit is startup standard. FSX works ok with the ATR if I restore the original flight 1 ATR panel config files from the start center (February 2009 edition) but crashes when I select the FS2Crew panel config files.I don't know how other users suffering from that problem (like RichardA in the threads above) finally managed it but perhaps you have any advice for me to be able to use my FS2Crew with the ATR at all.Thanks a lot and greetings from Germany.Christian

Cheers, Christian

Hello Christian,Did you try loading the Cessna first? That has helped for some users.The only other possibility I can think of is that when you installed FS2Crew ATR FSX you accidently select 'no' for trusting one of the FS2Crew gauges if you were presented with that option.Another thing to try: Delete your FSX.cfg.Sometimes doing that can help.Also try updating your sound and video drivers and re-install Direct X and ensure your joystick is plugged in.More long shots, I know, but one of them might do the trick in your situation.Also, if running Vista, use Event Viewer to get more details on the CTD.Cheers,

Hello Bryan,thanks for your fantastic quick response.Loading the Cessna first does indeed make no problems. Is that a way all should work with FS2Crew? In your manual it is strongly advised NOT to load standard Cessna before running the ATR with FS2Crew. :( I'm confused. Loading the standard Cessna first is no big deal so if FS2Crew can handle that it might be a good option to bypass the ATR loading error.I clicked the installation option to trust all of your gauges. So no single "no" click was possible.. :( I run different FSX.cfg's for situations like VFR, IFR, PhotoScenery etc. None of them works so I don't think it a FSX.cfg issue... But I have a separate Windows 7 beta partition with FSX "pure" on it (without any addons). Perhaps I give ATR / FS2Crew a try there. Does FS2Crew have any issues with Windows7?I do thoroughly update drivers and DirectX - latest installation is only two weeks old.Didn't try the event viewer yet...CheersChristian

Cheers, Christian

Hello Christian,Normally, you shouldn't need to load the Cessna first.But, for reasons that I can't explain, some users need to load the Cessna first.My personal guess is that, because computers don't behave the same way, it could be something to do with the gauge initialization order and the speed of your computer.The important thing is you now have it working.Best,

Yeah, load a flight with the Cessna and then change aircraft does the job. No showstopper. If FS2Crew isn't irritated by that I'll leave it with that.Another workaround is:1. Load a free flight situation with ATR with it's original panel.cfg's2. Shut down the flight (not "change aircraft") and switch to another plane in the aircraft selection window.3. Enable the FS2Crew panel.cfg's for the ATR via Start Center4. Switch bach to the ATR in the aircraft selection window.5. Re-start the flight situation created in #16. And there you go: runs OKAs this workaround needs far more time than simply change the Cessna into ATR via FSX in-flight menu it is definitively only second best...CheersChristian

Cheers, Christian