Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dougal

Seems I've 'broken' My Fsx Installation

Hi FolksThis is driving me nuts!!! Please, can anyone help????My FSX/Vista installation is no longer 'seeing' my default flights folder. Although the folder - 'C:\Users\Phil\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files' has many files inside; like all my flightplans, weather files and saved flights etc, FSX doesn't see them!When I select 'LOAD' flight, there's none to be seen. If I save a flight, with or without checking the default box, next time I start FSX, it loads the standard default flight.I don't understand how this has happend, and I really, really don't want to reinstall again. I've JUST got everything as I like it :( I've tried the ovbious, like running the F1 registry tool. I've searched several forums too, but not found any answers.Please help if you canThanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Actually, that file path doesn't look right does it.Can any Vista users please confirm their folder location.Thanks

My path for saved flights is C:\Users\my_logon_name\Documents\Flight Simulator X FilesYou haven't changed your user account and is logged on as Phil?

Actually, that file path doesn't look right does it.Can any Vista users please confirm their folder location.Thanks
I can't confirm the location because I moved the documents file to my "D" drive where it works well. It could be that your account thinks that your "Documents" file is elsewhere. Try right clicking "Documents" in the start window (under your account name) and then click on properties then the location tab it will show where the system thinks your Documents are. This location could be the reason FSX is not seeing your FSX files, it is looking for them elsewhere. It is easy to change the location of yout documents in this tab to where they actually are.