Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mower

Importing Flight Plans Into Rex?

Guest Mower

I have numerous flight plans and would like to create others of course through my FS Commander...can they be imported into REX like they can into ASX?

The flightplanner as a whole feels very crude and incomplete and as it stand you CANNOT import flight plans into REX's flight planner. I spotted a post by over at the REX forums stating they're acutely aware of the current limitations of their flight planner and are working to improve it through patches.

Guest Mower

Well then I shall have to watch for such patches since without that option the usefulness of REX is cut in half for me.

I agree it sucks and still feels like a beta. After all the waiting and download troubles I feel pretty underwhelmed with REX but I'm willing to hang in there and let 'em patch things up. I guess if you already have FEX then you would be better off waiting to see how REX shapes up after a few months of more dev work.

I have numerous flight plans and would like to create others of course through my FS Commander...can they be imported into REX like they can into ASX?
Mower -First thank you for your question.At this time we do not premit the importing of FSX or FS Commander flight plans into REX. Basically, because our initial release of the REX flight planner was intentionally to be basic.However, we greatly and graciously appreciate the input we are receiving and we are will be working on this feature ASAP and hope to have it available to everyone in our first update.We have looked at REX as being a platform to build upon and look forward to growing our product.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Guest Mower

I look forward to that and will stay the course with you folks.

Well then I shall have to watch for such patches since without that option the usefulness of REX is cut in half for me.
Mower,Why would the usefullness of REX be cut in half?? If you are utilizing the REX weather engine with real world updates you can still open your created flight plan within FSX and get updates along your route.

Guest Mower
Mower,Why would the usefullness of REX be cut in half?? If you are utilizing the REX weather engine with real world updates you can still open your created flight plan within FSX and get updates along your route.
Ah I was not aware of that...I ASSumed that REX had to know my flight plan...duhBut is this really how REX functions?