Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Johan_Dees

Fs9.exe Dual Config File

Hi,I remember there was an option for a command line parameter to boot FS with another CFG file. /cfg or something. Searched but couldnt find.. :-(From the net I found this: I would like to try settings in the fs9.cfg file, is it possible to have several of them?Yes, the main program config file gets its name from the executable: fs9.exe will have fs9.cfg, if you copy and rename fs9.exe to fs9_yoke.exe and another to fs9_stick.exe the program will create both an fs9_yoke.cfg and an fs9_stick.cfg.All you have to do is to create a shortcut for each exe file to launch FS with the corresponding configuration and customisation. There is no limit apparently to the number of renamed exe/cfg combinations that you can create. This seems very useful when regularly using different devices, different settings when flying online or simply experimenting.But I remember a shortcut edit would also work.Anyone who remembers this ?Johan

Hi,I remember there was an option for a command line parameter to boot FS with another CFG file. /cfg or something. Searched but couldnt find.. :-(From the net I found this: I would like to try settings in the fs9.cfg file, is it possible to have several of them?Yes, the main program config file gets its name from the executable: fs9.exe will have fs9.cfg, if you copy and rename fs9.exe to fs9_yoke.exe and another to fs9_stick.exe the program will create both an fs9_yoke.cfg and an fs9_stick.cfg.All you have to do is to create a shortcut for each exe file to launch FS with the corresponding configuration and customisation. There is no limit apparently to the number of renamed exe/cfg combinations that you can create. This seems very useful when regularly using different devices, different settings when flying online or simply experimenting.But I remember a shortcut edit would also work.Anyone who remembers this ?Johan
Take a look at this file - I believe it outlines how to do what you are seeking:http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...t&Go=SearchGood luck
Take a look at this file - I believe it outlines how to do what you are seeking:http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...t&Go=SearchGood luck

And yes, we have a winner!Thanks for the guidance.It is indeed fs9.exe /cfg:xxxx.cfgThanks sir!

And yes, we have a winner!Thanks for the guidance.It is indeed fs9.exe /cfg:xxxx.cfgThanks sir!
You are very welcome, sir!BTW - That file was recommended in Issue 18 (of 25 total) of my Tips and Tricks for FS2004 series:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=79104You may wish to browse through the series for more useful ideas.