Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spokes2112

Access, Advertising Etc...

Gentlemen, Just a heads up.. Not to I-net savvy.A day or 2 after porting over the new forums I couldn't get to them. A day after that could'nt even reach the front page. Now it's fine, but the forums donot stay in the same window. No prob.... The thing is,, on the front page ( Now that it responds ) I clicked the link for that new L-4 Grasshopper and got a boatload warnings and am wondering was/is there breach in security/privacy now?? The following is the report..

"Trojan horse Downloader.Generic_r.BI"	"C:\Documents and Settings\OUBETCHA\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\4WFP0U8K\getfile-081101-stk[1].gif"	"Infected"	"12/3/2008, 7:36:06 PM"	"file"	"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe""Trojan horse Downloader.Generic_r.BI"	"C:\Documents and Settings\OUBETCHA\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\Q8PQ4D6A\getfile-081101-stk[1].gif"	"Infected"	"12/3/2008, 7:36:07 PM"	"file"	"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe""Trojan horse Downloader.Generic_r.BI"	"C:\Documents and Settings\OUBETCHA\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\7KXTMTDG\getfile-081101-stk[1].gif"	"Infected"	"12/3/2008, 7:36:08 PM"	"file"	"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe""Trojan horse Downloader.Generic_r.BI"	"C:\Documents and Settings\OUBETCHA\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\5THRYK7J\getfile-081101-stk[1].gif"	"Infected"	"12/3/2008, 7:36:09 PM"	"file"	"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe""Trojan horse Downloader.Generic_r.BI"	"C:\Documents and Settings\OUBETCHA\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\X6JVW8OB\getfile-081101-stk[1].gif"	"Infected"	"12/3/2008, 7:36:09 PM"	"file"	"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe""Trojan horse Downloader.Generic_r.BI"	"C:\Documents and Settings\OUBETCHA\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I8NGDNOD\getfile-081101-stk[1].gif"	"Infected"	"12/3/2008, 7:36:12 PM"	"file"	"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

Just a thaught but since the porting over,,,,,,,,,,, How's it goin ?? Is there now some security blah blah blah issues to deal with now? I'm Just asking cause I just rid myself of the Virtumonde/Vunda BS about a month ago and DO NOT WANT TO DEAL WITH IT AGAIN !!!! Just wondering if you're now getin overloaded with DNS requests or something,, maybe this can help???? Heck I dunno..Thank you for the work and excellant service..Roman

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well, based on the fact that the link you reference has over a thousand hits now, and this is the ONLY report, I'd suggest you take a look at your own PC for other issues. We do not have a DNS overload, the link from the front page is totally unrelated to the forums in any way, and there is no security risk present.Yes, it's a new system, but it didn't nuke yours.

No problem- the link was just a fluke thing.. And the access to the site was due to ISP routing. My ISP had a bad day(s) of getting to sites located in the southern US as reported by them. Thanks for the service.Happy hlidays,Roman