Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

macroth

Problems With Imported Flightplans On Md-11

Hello!I've some troubles with imported flightpans in the MD-11. The FP is created with Flightsim Commander 8.4. The import is no problem, the plan shows up with no errors. Only the climb rate is much to high. Right after takeoff the plane goes to a climbrate of 3000-4000 feet until the protection goes active. After the speed has recoverd, the climbrate increases again to abnormal values.When I look into the plan, it also shows very high altitude on the first waypoints. For descent it is almost the same. When I calculate a flightplan within the FMS all goes well. Do a make a mistake somewhere or can someone tell me where the problem is? Can I correct the climbrate somewhere? Maybe the reason is the Flightsim Commander, I only have the option to save the plan in PMDG 747 or 737 format. Are there differences to the MD-11 format? :( Every hint is appreciated, because I never had troubles with importing flightplans before on the 737 or 747...Many thanksKai Steffan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The only time a climb rate is too high is when your airspeed is too low. If you are light she will bob to the cruise level like a cork in a barrel of water. I will often set the climb and accelerate altitudes to 1000 agl to lower the pitch earlier.Using FLEX to lower takeoff thrust when light is good practise. Save on fuel and engines. It also makes the initial climb more comfortable for the pax.An imported flight plan will generally not include altitude constraints. The MD11 shares the same format with the 737/747.When I import a flight plan from a flight planner, I exclude the SID/STAR procedures by building the flight plan in the planner from first fix after SID to last fix before STAR then add the terminal procedures using the FMS in the aircraft. This ensures that I am using the exact same procedure as stored in the navdata/sidstar files. This also means I only have to build the path once for all cases where departure/arrival routes may change due to weather or updates.