Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deaf Pilot

Search Addon Scenery Menu

I'd like to modify the list of add-on airports in the Search add-on scenery menu so I have an easy way to see all of the custom sceneries I have installed.Thanks,Todd

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'd like to modify the list of add-on airports in the Search add-on scenery menu so I have an easy way to see all of the custom sceneries I have installed.Thanks,Todd
I am not sure there is a way to do what you describe.However, if you set up your addon sceneries in a way that they are placed in folders and subfolders by Country and/or Region etc., that provides an easy way to review them simply by navigating to wherever you install scenery enhancements.Here is an an example using the Addon scenery folder as a basis:Addon scenery------ United States-----------Alaska Airports----------------(as many Alaska airports as you might have)-----------Arkansas Airports----------------(ditto)-----------California Airports----------------(ditto)-------Canada-----------British Columbia----------------(BC airports)-----------Alberta----------------(Alberta airports) - and so on That way I can quickly review what I have for any Country and/or region simply by using the explorer function in Windows.We all have our preferences in setting up airport enhancements - the arrangement above works well for me - but there numerous other ways to organize your sceneries.It takes some time of course and is more easily done after a clean re-install as you add airports back into your sim. Hope these ideas are helpful.

I am not sure there is a way to do what you describe.However, if you set up your addon sceneries in a way that they are placed in folders and subfolders by Country and/or Region etc., that provides an easy way to review them simply by navigating to wherever you install scenery enhancements.Here is an an example using the Addon scenery folder as a basis:Addon scenery------ United States-----------Alaska Airports----------------(as many Alaska airports as you might have)-----------Arkansas Airports----------------(ditto)-----------California Airports----------------(ditto)-------Canada-----------British Columbia----------------(BC airports)-----------Alberta----------------(Alberta airports) - and so on That way I can quickly review what I have for any Country and/or region simply by using the explorer function in Windows.We all have our preferences in setting up airport enhancements - the arrangement above works well for me - but there numerous other ways to organize your sceneries.It takes some time of course and is more easily done after a clean re-install as you add airports back into your sim. Hope these ideas are helpful.
Not a bad idea... I suppose I can live with that ;) Thanks!