Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

orbmis

Loading Flightplan To Fs2004 Required?

Hi Everyone,,,Just finished another trip with RC4, and a thought came across my mind. Is it REQUIRED to load the flightplan into FS2004 in order for RC4 to function properly?? Seeing as we load the FP into RC4, it seems a bit redundant to me.No complaints, no issues. Just wondering if I can cleanly eliminate that step from my checklist when flying with RC4.Thanks,orbmis

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Everyone,,,Just finished another trip with RC4, and a thought came across my mind. Is it REQUIRED to load the flightplan into FS2004 in order for RC4 to function properly?? Seeing as we load the FP into RC4, it seems a bit redundant to me.No complaints, no issues. Just wondering if I can cleanly eliminate that step from my checklist when flying with RC4.Thanks,orbmis
Hi orbmis,There's no requirement to load a plan into FS9 but unless you want to hand fly the route you need some way of feeding the plan to an auopilot. If you use the PMDG or Level-D 767 then just feed the plan into their FMC/CDU. But if you need to use the default aircraft then having the plan loaded means you can use the default autopilot.There is the other option of just handing control to the R/C autopilot but that's not one many people use.What aircraft do you fly?

Hi orbmis,There's no requirement to load a plan into FS9 but unless you want to hand fly the route you need some way of feeding the plan to an auopilot. If you use the PMDG or Level-D 767 then just feed the plan into their FMC/CDU. But if you need to use the default aircraft then having the plan loaded means you can use the default autopilot.There is the other option of just handing control to the R/C autopilot but that's not one many people use.What aircraft do you fly?
Hi Ray,,Thanks for the reply. I'm currently flying either a PMDG 737 or Wilco's ERJ-145, so I usually fly with the flightplan loaded to the FMC. Occasionally, I'll fly the route by hand, using RC4's info in the text/interface box.Thanks again for clearing this up.orbmis