Sign in to follow this  
hawkhero

Atc Callsigns

Hi, I tried using FSX Editvoicepack and it crashed FSX on me. I use Vista 64. Is there some way to get ATC callsigns in FSX? I can get some to read abck but not much. Thanks,Greg
Did you use the release 3.1 version? If so that won't work, that is for FS2004 only, you have to get the beta FSX version on their development WIKI page. The link is above the 3.1 download link. I don't know why they haven't released that version yet, it's been there since FSX release, and works just fine, (at least for me!)

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Since there has been no new development on EditVoicePack for FSX in almost 2 years, most of us have given up hope of the FSX version ever being completed.Last I heard the developer was having to devote more time to his real world job :( Since you say you are using the FSX Beta version I don't know how it can crash FSX.You do not run EVP when FSX is running and all that EVP does is modify two files, neither file is critical to running FSX. The simulator runs just fine without those files. Trying to run EVP while FSX is running and update the voice pack - that I could see crashing FSX because you would try to break the file lock on the voice pack. Other than that, I cannot see how EVP could crash FSX.Have you determined if the voice pack file in FSX has been modified by EVP?Most folks have just taken to using the FS2004 version of EVP, sometimes with a dummy file structure to the FS2004 VoicePack file, and just copy over the voicepack file to FSX.If you only want to make one update to the voicepack - up to October 2006 - then the FSX Beta is fine.But if you want to update callsigns, airports and more from files downloaded from the various file servers - or you wan to create updates yourself - you have to use the FS2004 version.