Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

madtun

One Plane Left To Build

After the FS9 release (and I buy it) of the MD-11 there is only one plane left without a good freeware or payware out in FS9. The Antonov AN-225. Worlds Largest. They are building another one in real life you know. How about it PMDG.Carl P.

The Antonov AN-225. Worlds Largest.
Wow, that's a novel idea. You get 1-st prize for originality :( I wonder how many would be willing to spend say $50 on an AN-225 - I don't think very many, count me out for sure, I want to fly something a bit more civilized :( But sneering aside once can imagine impossibility of collecting real data on this thing (PMDG-style data), translating some worn out manuals from cyrillic alphabet, etc.

Michael J.

Wow, that's a novel idea. You get 1-st prize for originality :( I wonder how many would be willing to spend say $50 on an AN-225 - I don't think very many, count me out for sure, I want to fly something a bit more civilized :( But sneering aside once can imagine impossibility of collecting real data on this thing (PMDG-style data), translating some worn out manuals from cyrillic alphabet, etc.
Did you read my WHOLE post. They are building a NEW updated version of the plane. The old one is getting worn out since it is the only plane in the world with such a large payload capacity. In the real flight community world this plane is in large demand. The Airbus 380 is a junior little plane compared to this one. The excitment will be learning how to fly into smaller airports which this plane currently accomplishes, often. In flight my seem slow but I bet the takeoffs an landings are a treat.Carl P.

Did you read my WHOLE post.
Yes, I read your WHOLE post but there was nothing there about "updated" which by the way I don't think is true - they are building the 2-nd copy and it will be exact replica of the first one unless you provide information to the contrary. But sorry I fail to grasp significance that the NEW one is being built, there are new planes being built every day, much more technologically advanced than An-225. By the way they keep building it for the last 5 years with no end in sight ...

Michael J.