Sign in to follow this  
Guest John T.

Pai And Woai

Guest John T.

I am about to install packages from PAI .I already have many from WOAI. Is there any danger that these 2 will overwrite each other? I have American AA from WOAICan I also install American from PAI without a problem?Thanks for your help and advice, I'm new to this AI stuff .Any information and resources about AI that you recommend to help me learnare appreciated!

I am about to install packages from PAI .I already have many from WOAI. Is there any danger that these 2 will overwrite each other? I have American AA from WOAICan I also install American from PAI without a problem?Thanks for your help and advice, I'm new to this AI stuff .Any information and resources about AI that you recommend to help me learnare appreciated!
If you install the same airline from PAI you will most likely end up with duplicate traffic.There will be no over writing of files but you will have twice the amount of aircraft for the airline.It would make more sense to install the airlines from PAI that's aren't provided by WOAI.Tom van der HorstWorld-of-AI

And if, like me, you are dumb enough to do this by mistake (Doh!!) how do you go about taking out one of the two packages?

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

WOAI packages install into their own separate traffic BGL files, so those are easy to remove.Unless you do a custom installation of the PAI traffic, all of it goes into the Traffic_PAI.bgl file. You would have to decompile it in TTools, manually remove the flights of that airline's planes, and then recompile it.Hope this helps,

WOAI packages install into their own separate traffic BGL files, so those are easy to remove.Unless you do a custom installation of the PAI traffic, all of it goes into the Traffic_PAI.bgl file. You would have to decompile it in TTools, manually remove the flights of that airline's planes, and then recompile it.Hope this helps,
It does Tom, thanks. A boring Saturday beckons ;-)Am I correct in assuming that a simple 'delete' of the WOAI traffic BGL files would be sufficient to eliminate the double AI issue I have?

Gavin Barbara

yes that could do it, how ever we recommend to use the expert function in the WOAI installer for it.You can delete an airline from there.This will not only remove the BGL but also will remove redundant textures then.With just the removal of the traffic bgl you will still be stuck with the redundant texturesTom vd HorstWorld-of-AI

yes that could do it, how ever we recommend to use the expert function in the WOAI installer for it.You can delete an airline from there.This will not only remove the BGL but also will remove redundant textures then.With just the removal of the traffic bgl you will still be stuck with the redundant texturesTom vd HorstWorld-of-AI
Thanks Tom. It's all clearly explained in the manual - which I finally read properly ;-) Thanks for your help, everything's fine now :-)

Gavin Barbara