Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jet

Falcoln 50- How soon we forget

Guest Jet

Guilty as charged! Spent all this time trying to decide what new planes to fly and buy and all the while...right there in front of my hanger sits the Falcon 50 patiently waiting to spool up!Forget just how excellent of a rendition this was! And forgot how to operate her. While the checklists are excellent need to know the following-- Reverse Thrust key commands?- How do we operate the individual throttle levers and then re-engage all 3.?- Does this plane have spoilers...I notice some air brake wording...same thing? How do we deploy and retract?Thanks all and the 50 feels like an old friend...don't know why I was looking anywhere else!

Happy to see that you have mended your ways Greg.Reverse thrust is the sim default "F2" key.Throttles, again default, E1, E2, E3 to select each, E123 to select all.Spoiler is the air brake and is toggled with "/" key.Fred

Guest Jet

Thanks Fred.And my penence is to log 50 hours ASAP!Any throttle quadrant pop-up on this plane. When I deploy spoilers, where do I see the alert on the panel?Looking forward to getting back in the left seat on this bird.

Guest Jet

Thanks will check for it.I do now recall seeing the air brake indicator Fran.

Oh the Falcon 50...thanks for reminding me about it. I never quite mastered it, sinkrate went crazy and I usually landed way too hard and I even had trouble climbing...think I'm going to try it again now :)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest Jet

I flew the full motion Level D Falcoln 50 and was really impressed with how well this one did compared the the $20MM sim.Just printed out my checklist and am ready to clip it to the yoke.It's good to come home.

Just did a short flight from Portland Troutdale KTTD to Bowerman KHQM in nice sunny summer weather. I'm proud to announce that the plane is still in one piece :-lol I was a bit low and slow on final but I corrected it and did an OK landing.There's a lot more knobs and buttons on this one than on my Cessnas and Barons :) Think I'm gonna take the C172 to back to Troutdale though. Those jets are too fast and too loud for my taste.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest Jet

That sounds great but I'm going back the other way now.After an around the Country low and slow in a recip prop, I'm loking forward to getting back to high and fast.And it will be a great relief to not worry about supercooling and rich and lean adjustements.Set it and forget all the way up to the FL's will be great.

>There's a lot more knobs and buttons on this one than on my >Cessnas and Barons :) Think I'm gonna take the C172 to back >to Troutdale though. Those jets are too fast and too loud >for my taste. Funny thing that :)-- I have just gone back to the Cessna 172 (with Rob Youngs' new airfile) . It still gives me the greatest satisfaction - I think it is because it is so easy to get into and go for a short flight . Flying these super realistic airliners that take ages to plan a flight,startup and then fly for an hour or more at 35000 feet was starting to become hard work. Barry

Guest Jet

Hard work??I was trying to get re-acquinted with the 50 last night on some "warm-up", VFR hops just to get the feel back.Hard Work is trying to keep that 50 lined up on final.Man, I was swaying like the Navy all the way down the slope!I need more work before I get into the system and do those "for Real" flights.

keep practicing Greg,I had a hard time when I first started with the Falcon 50, but after about 100 hours flite time she's real sweet and cooperative. I really hope they do a GMAX version for FS2004.

Guest Jet

I will keep at it with pleasure!One questions though...The roll rate is very slow...I even maxed out the sliders for the aelerion and it is still slow to get her to turn. I have to crank the yoke over pretty hard to initiate a turn.I have FSUIPC installed can I use this to get a better response?