Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest mariner75

Cannot See Wingtip Lights

This problem is with the MD-11. I can see the landing, taxi, logo, wing, and runway turnoff lights but that is it. I cannot see the nav, beacon, or strobe lights whether it is day or night. I run FSX with almost all of the sliders more towards the left. I keep the Global textures at the max and the aircraft settings pretty high as well. My specs are 2.0 Ghz Intel Centrino Core 2 Duo Processor, 2GB Ram, Nvidia NVS 135M video card with 128-MB memory. To my surprise with this system and the setting that I use, I will get 15-20 FPS at the busiest airports in FSX. So does anyone have any ideas as to why I cannot see these lights and what I should do?Jared

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I think you need to have the special effects detail slider all the way to the right.
I have a slightly better machine, and my special effects slider is maxed. However, I have the same problem. These lights have not worked since I installed the aircraft. Re-installing did not resolve the issue.Phil L.

I have that problem also. No beacon lights but do have the wing tip lights and and the logo lights.The wingtip lights though seem to be on all the time even when all light switches are shut off. I have MD-11 for FSX.

HelloI have the same problem... No matter day or night the lights will not be visable.I have noticed however that sometimes at certain 'view' angles the lights do appear...I have tried uninstall and reinstall.The problem effects both the Boeing 747-400X and MD11.My graphics cards is GTX295Any ideas guys?Kimberly.