Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rocky

Call! For 737 Pic, Legacy Pic And Airbus

I've just read your review of Call! for 737 PIC and Legacy PIC, which is good IMHO.I just wanted to let you know that you should like the new Airbus Call! because many points from your review are improved in the Airbus version of the Call! program.I can't wait to read the review of Airbus Call! :( Eric

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The review is a little unfair to FeelThere. It's not really a disadvantage that Call! only works with the corresponding Wilco product, it's hardly surprising this is the case in fact. FeelThere, as the 737PIC developer, could hardly be expected to integrate Call! with every 737 panel.There is also a misunderstanding about how checklists work in practice. They aren't normally "read and do" as implied in the review. You are normally supposed to call for the checklist AFTER you have accomplished the necessary actions by running through the appropriate flow. Therefore it's not surprising there is no checklist for starting the engines for example. Run correctly, if you complete all the items before the checklist is run the simulated F/O will read the list straight through, only stopping if you have missed something. Perhaps this should be emphasised in the manual. The flows appropriate to 737PIC and Legacy should be included as part of the product documentation.It appears FeelThere have programmed all the 737 checklists, making up additional ones to pad out the product wouldn't be realistic. Adding F/O calls in response to pilot actions (flap selection, gear selection, engine start up, "positive rate" call on takeoff) would enhance the product however, where these calls are not included in the original simulator.Kevin