Sign in to follow this  
lawinge2

Haze Layer Note Question

Will ASA haze layer eliminator change the transparency of the layer seen from above and leave the visibility the same below.I think the haze layers in FSX are terrible looking and totally unrealistic when near or above the top of the haze layer. I get a layer that seems to take over any clouds so the most prominent feature becomes the sea of milk. When the haze is turned off the clouds come back and look much better with more IMC in clouds possible. Is there a work around before ASA comes out. I don't have Xgraphics but do have FEX. Just bought ASX and it seems to have great potential for depicting developing weather, but the haze layers are killing it. I can only use static weather or I have to keep manually turning off haze layers.Thanks

Will ASA haze layer eliminator change the transparency of the layer seen from above and leave the visibility the same below.I think the haze layers in FSX are terrible looking and totally unrealistic when near or above the top of the haze layer. I get a layer that seems to take over any clouds so the most prominent feature becomes the sea of milk. When the haze is turned off the clouds come back and look much better with more IMC in clouds possible. Is there a work around before ASA comes out. I don't have Xgraphics but do have FEX. Just bought ASX and it seems to have great potential for depicting developing weather, but the haze layers are killing it. I can only use static weather or I have to keep manually turning off haze layers.Thanks
Don't know... Any chance of some ASA screenshots?

Matthew S

Will ASA haze layer eliminator change the transparency of the layer seen from above and leave the visibility the same below.
Yes. The visibility layer is still there you just can't see it from above.We've also added a new visibility smoothing/graduation mode for FSX. We just got this in the beta tester's hands a few days ago and the reports are very positive. More news and screenshots on this stuff soon.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Yes. The visibility layer is still there you just can't see it from above.We've also added a new visibility smoothing/graduation mode for FSX. We just got this in the beta tester's hands a few days ago and the reports are very positive. More news and screenshots on this stuff soon.Best,
Will be waiting and watching this, thanks!Dirk.