Sign in to follow this  
TheLurk

Md-11 And Fspassengers?

hey gang! cant wait for the release of the fs9 version of the glorious bigmac! but there is one question that bugs me still a little bit that one goes out for the devs and beta testers who are using it with FS9:has anyone of you guys tried the md-11 with fspassengers yet? i ask because since i own it i've never done a flight without and i really would like to use the md-11 with it i use the ol' queen with fspax aswell (pax and cargo versions) without problems by letting fspax loading up pax/cargo and adding the fuel afterwards using the PMDG fuel manager from the alt context menu so my question is basically:will this work with the MD-11 aswell? i will still buy her even if it wont work but it definatly would add a greater "value" at least for me and i guess for quite some people out there who are like me fspax usersjust a humble questions for the Devs and Beta Testers you folks did a truly outstanding and awesome job with that bird no matter what! best regards Tobi

Guest GAMER

As long as FS pax has a load model it should work.Michael P.

Tobi,Yes the FS9 version of the MD-11 will be compatible with FSPassengers. However you must use it with caution! MD-11 payload placing and modeling is much more accurate than in the 747, and with wrong loadings you can very easily create an out of range center or gravity. The MD-11 load manager will be significantly improved in the FS9 version (same improvement will also apply to the FSX update) incorporating ZFWCG operational limits calculations that depend on ZFW, TOGW, Aircarft type (pax/cargo) and fuel distribution options (H/L) taken directly from charts of real load manifests. So using the MD-11 load manager will be the only way to ensure that loading will result in an acceptable CG which will remain within operational limits for the whole of the flight (as long as fuel is loaded according to standard distribution procedures, which the Load Manager will also ensure).Michael FrantzeskakisPMDG MD-11 Developer

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

alright thanks a lot for that info michael so im going to fiddle around with the payload models and the load manager of the md-11 when i got it and see if i can find a good working solution for it :)im gonna post it here if i come up with something useful!best regardsTobi

Tobi, Why bother to stress yourself that way. What i plan to do is use the PMDG Loadmanager to set the load then set the DisablePayloadDialogWeightModif option to =1, that way you get to use FSPassengers and you're not exposed to the risk of getting an out of limit during cruise CG

heh stupid me i totally forgot about that option thanks for humbly reminding me of that bryan haha well then the bigmac can come im ready!best regardsTobi

Guest Mower

Equally significant is that a FSP for FSX is due out this month.