Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest kd001

Radar Contact Voices

I am thinking of buying radar contact. However, I currently saw a video demonstrating radar contact (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LYwZcYpxZDQ) and I must say I was very dissapointed with the voices. They sound very robotic and much worse than the default FSX atc. However, the avsim review suggested that after version 4.01 the fluidity of the voices was imporved. I don't know which version is used in the video so can someone tell me if v4.3 sounds any better than in the video? Would it be possible for someone to send a sample of some sort?Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I am thinking of buying radar contact. However, I currently saw a video demonstrating radar contact (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LYwZcYpxZDQ) and I must say I was very dissapointed with the voices. They sound very robotic and much worse than the default FSX atc. However, the avsim review suggested that after version 4.01 the fluidity of the voices was imporved. I don't know which version is used in the video so can someone tell me if v4.3 sounds any better than in the video? Would it be possible for someone to send a sample of some sort?Thanks
hi,The voices used in Radar Contact have been recorded by many real people from varied countries. As a long time user of Radar Contact,I have no complaints about the voices ,they sound like real people! If you do not like the sound of a particular voice you have the option of turning it off. The chatter files are also real recordings.I have not seen the You Tube video ,however I do know that the you tube reproduction can be at best be variable.RegardsNorman Bowman

I have seen the video and I have the latest version of RC installed and I can assure you that it does not sound anything like in the video.