Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

New Enhanced Night-lighting Fsx Textures....

I'm presently at cruise altitude over Chicago, having taken off from Detroit Metro (KDTW)...and all I can say...is that with these new enhanced FSX night-lighting textures, this has got to be the best and most realistic rendering of city scape at night I have ever seen in a flight simulator. I'm having a really hard time not believeing this is the real world. Simply fantastic----To all that were involved with the tweaking and enhancing of this GREAT HOLIDAY GIFT for FSX....Thank you....so much. Like I said before....watching Chicago get simply POUNDED by a fierce lightning storm tonight---whilst viewing the landscape at super-crisp night effects, makes me at a loss for words.... This is SO close to real-world now, it's paling the line between simulation and reality.Well done, all!!!Back to my flight towards Phoenix Sky Harbor.....

I'm presently at cruise altitude over Chicago, having taken off from Detroit Metro (KDTW)...and all I can say...is that with these new enhanced FSX night-lighting textures, this has got to be the best and most realistic rendering of city scape at night I have ever seen in a flight simulator. I'm having a really hard time not believeing this is the real world. Simply fantastic----To all that were involved with the tweaking and enhancing of this GREAT HOLIDAY GIFT for FSX....Thank you....so much. Like I said before....watching Chicago get simply POUNDED by a fierce lightning storm tonight---whilst viewing the landscape at super-crisp night effects, makes me at a loss for words.... This is SO close to real-world now, it's paling the line between simulation and reality.Well done, all!!!Back to my flight towards Phoenix Sky Harbor.....
Are you talking about the new GEX autogen textures that were released the other day? If so, I agree the buildings look a lot better. Or, was some other night textures released that I haven't seen?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Nick_N
Are you talking about the new GEX autogen textures that were released the other day? If so, I agree the buildings look a lot better. Or, was some other night textures released that I haven't seen?
The ones posted have night upgrades to themWe are fixing another 24 textures that will restore the major city building lighting (such as Paris, France) which has been missing since FSX was released See here for images.. we just finished the Europe textures and are working on other area right nowhttp://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_post...D=164516#164516They will be released as a extra to the current posted packageUnfortunately we could be sure we would get the repair work finished on them before xmas so we released the package without those fixes to make our deadlineIf all goes well we may have the repaired city textures released before the 1st

Hi, where are these textures installed? I can't wait...Michael

MSFS2020

MICHAEL J     proud supporter

KJAX   FLORIDA

Guest Nick_N
Hi, where are these textures installed? I can't wait...Michael
The instructions that come with them are very clear... just follow the instructions carefully as they also have you back up the originals firstAnd I have been reading where people are doing things like renaming the FSX texture folder and then moving the one in the package to FSX... that WONT WORKThe instructions that are included with the package will guide you thorugh the correct process, very simpleWe did not include an automatic installer/backup tool... its very easy for such tools to do something wrong given all the different installations and their locations so everything is manually backed up and installed/restored as per the README file

The instructions that come with them are very clear... just follow the instructions carefully as they also have you back up the originals firstAnd I have been reading where people are doing things like renaming the FSX texture folder and then moving the one in the package to FSX... that WONT WORKThe instructions that are included with the package will guide you thorugh the correct process, very simpleWe did not include an automatic installer/backup tool... its very easy for such tools to do something wrong given all the different installations and their locations so everything is manually backed up and installed/restored as per the README file
Thank you Nick..Michael

MSFS2020

MICHAEL J     proud supporter

KJAX   FLORIDA

Guest gmark

Just took off from Midway headin' north toward downtown Chicago. Awesome. Nuff said.Graham